[UDUNITS #SXI-627412]: udunits.inc

Dear Kassahun,

> I am a PhD student at Addis Ababa university,Ethiopia. Now I am working
> on ozone transport over Africa. I will use air temperature, geopotential
> height, vertical and horizontal wind field data in in the year 1996-97
> for the calculation for potential vorticity. These data are from
> NOAA-CIRES Climate Diagnostics Center. All files are NC files. To read
> this files the readgrid general requestes netcdf.inc, udunit.inc and
> udunit.dat (the readgrid general is attached for your information).
>
> I tried to find these files in by downloading UDUNIT and UDUNITS-2.
> When I compile these files there is a problem with the udunits.inc.
> There is no error message with netcdf.inc and udunits.dat files.
>
> Plese would you help me in getting 0the actual compilable udunit.inc
> file with the readgridgeneral.
>
> I am looking forward to hear from you.

"readgeneral.f" is a Fortran file, so you need to install and use the UDUNITS
1.12.9 package because the UDUNITS 2.1.8 package doesn't have a Fortran
interface.

Go to <http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/udunits/>, download the UDUNITS
package (not the UDUNITS-2 package), and following the instructions in the
INSTALL file.  Don't forget to set a C macro in the CPPFLAGS environment
variable to tell the compiler what Fortran-calling-C conventions you will use
(there are examples in the INSTALL file).

> Best regards
> kassahun

Regards,
Steve Emmerson