[UDUNITS #QKV-165487]: udunits 1.12.4 bus error

Yolande,

> I've rebuilt using the -g option and am now back to an error I got
> initially when I first tried to compile any FORTRAN program
> referencing udunits.inc. Here is my compile command and the error:
>
> [cassava:~/code2/quikscatjpl] serra% g77 -ffixed-line-length-132 -O2 -
> I/sw/include -I/usr/local/hdf4/include qscat3_tropics.f
> read_qscat3_subprg.f handle_err.f get_time.f -o qscat3_tropics -L/usr/
> local/hdf4/lib -lmfhdf -ldf -L/sw/lib -lnetcdf -ludunits -ljpeg -lsz -
> lz -lm
> udunits.inc: In program `qscat3_tropics':
> udunits.inc:32:
> UD_POINTER utmake
> 1                2
> Unrecognized statement name at (1) and invalid form for assignment or
> statement-function definition at (2)

It appears that the file "qscat3_tropics.f" uses the C macro
UD_POINTER but the g77(1) compiler doesn't see a definition for
it.  Does the file "qscat3_tropics.f" contain the line '#include
"udunits.inc"'?  Does the g77(1) compiler preprocess *.f files
using the C preprocessor before compiling them?

> I edited something in the udunits.inc file to get rid of this but
> don't remember what I did. It should be in the udunits.inc file I
> sent you earlier today. Attached is my current udunits.inc file from
> the new build plus my the config.log file.

You should not have to modify the installed "udunits.inc" file.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: QKV-165487
Department: Support UDUNITS