[Support #SUQ-510406]: problem building UDUNITS on mac OSX 10.5 with intel

Tim,

> I tried as you told. I set some more options and set the Fortran
> calling convention, but the configure script stops by saying:
>
> tbruech@leo.local:/Users/tbruech/share/udunits-1.12.4/src> sudo
> configure CC=icc CFLAGS="-O3 -xT -ip -no-prec-div -static -no-
> multibyte-chars" CPP="icc -E" CPPFLAGS="-icpc -E -Df2cFortran" LANG=C
> LC_TYPE=C LC_AL=C LDFLAGS="-O3 -xT -ip  -no-prec-div -static" PERL=""
> LANG=C LC_CTYPE=C LC_ALL=C CXXFLAGS="-O3 -xT -ip -no-prec-div -static"
> FFLAGS="-O3 -xT -ip -no-prec-div -static"
> checking for catman... no
> checking for makewhatis... no
> checking for /usr/lib/makewhatis... no
> checking for manual-page index command...
> checking for C compiler... icc
> checking type of operating system... darwin
> checking for dependency generation mechanism... icc -M
> checking for gcc... icc
> checking for C compiler default output file name... b.out
> checking whether the C compiler works... configure: error: cannot run
> C compiled programs.
> If you meant to cross compile, use `--host'.
> See `config.log' for more details.
>
> and that is not true .. ;-) b
>
> the config.log is attached again,
>
> I do not understand, why the program is searching for a b.out file and
> not a..out ... ??? (configure:2360)

The "configure" script does search for the file "a.out".  It just
didn't find it.

The file "config.log" contained the follwing:

> configure:2297: checking for C compiler default output file name
> configure:2300: icc -O3 -xT -ip -no-prec-div -static -no-multibyte-chars
> -icpc -E -Df2cFortran -O3 -xT -ip  -no-prec-div -static conftest.c  >&5
> icc: command line warning #10156: ignoring option '-i'; no argument required
> # 1 "conftest.c"
>

> # 10 "conftest.c"
>

> int
> main ()
> {
>
>   ;
>   return 0;
> }
> configure:2303: $? = 0

The code in the above is output from the C preprocessor.  That and
the warning about the "-i" option makes me suspect that either the
"-ip" or "-icpc" option is causing the C compiler to preproces the
C file and not compile it; consequently, the output file "a.out" is
never created.  Please check the documentation on the compiler for
these options.

> Tim
>
> Tim Bruecher
> Institute of Geophysics and Meteorology