[Support #UEO-800135]: problem installing UDUNITS version 1.12.4

Sebastien,

> I believe it failed because when I run
> make install
>
> I got the following message:
> /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/local/lib/libudunits.a when searching
> for -ludunits
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -ludunits
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[1]: *** [blib/arch/auto/UDUNITS/UDUNITS.so] Error 1
> make: *** [perl/install] Error 1
>
> I thought this was included in the install.log when I re-directed the output.
> Sebastien

That message wasn't in the log files that you sent me.  Could it be that the
log files contained the standard output streams but not the standard error
streams?  If so, then would you please do the following:

1. Go to the top-level source-directory.

2. Execute the command "make distclean".

3. Execute the command "./configure CC=/opt/intel/cc/9.1.042/bin/icc
CPPFLAGS=-DpgiFortran".  Redirect BOTH the standard output and standard error
streams to the file "configure.log" and send me the file.

4. If the previous command succeeds, then execute the command "make".  Redirect
BOTH the standard output and standard error streams to the file "make.log" and
send me the file.

5. If the previous command succeeds, then execute the command "make install".
Redirect BOTH the standard output and standard error streams to the file
"install.log" and send me the file.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson

Ticket ID: UEO-800135