[UDUNITS #JHV-554487]: regarding udunits instation problems
> I am very new to instalat softwares. I am trying to install
> "udunits" to use gribtonc utility.
> It is giving errors. Steps followed:
> export CC=gcc
> export CPPFLAGS=-D_POSIX_SOURCE
> 1. $./configure >& out-configure-script
> 2. make >& make-out
> My linux machine is:
> $uname -a
> Linux meleck-lx 2.6.8-9-amd64-k8 #1 Wed Dec 8 13:26:29 UTC 2004 x86_64
> Kindly help me to solve this problem.
> Thanking you,
The problem is that the C compiler doesn't know what calling-conventions
to use to build the Fortran API. You tell the C compiler what
conventions to use by defining a macro in the CPPFLAGS environment
variable before running the configure(1) script.
Please try the following:
1. Go to the top-level source-directory.
2. Execute the command "make distclean".
3. Assuming that you don't care about the Fortran API, then add
a definition for the C macro "f2cFortran" to the CPPFLAGS
environment variable, e.g.,
If you do care about the Fortran API, then examine the file
INSTALL to discover what C macro to define.
4. I you don't need the perl(1) interface, then define the
environment variable PERL to be the empty string, e.g.,
5. Execute the configure(1) script.
6. Execute the command "make".
7. Execute the command "make install". You might have to do
this as user "root" in order to install the perl interface
if the environment variable PERL wasn't the empty string.
Ticket ID: JHV-554487
Department: Support UDUNITS