[Support #GHO-258559]: udunits installation problem

Art,

> I'm trying to install udunits on Linux IA64 system at Livermore. I run
> into a make problem when it tries to recognize the Fortran environment. I
> don't see any setting for this in the instructions, so presumably I need to
> modify the coding somewhere. I'm running with the Intel Fortran compiler
> ifort. Files A-F are attached.
> Thanks, Art

> Arthur A. Mirin         (925) 422-4020
> address@hidden  (925) 423-2993 (fax)
> Leader, Scientific Computing Group
> Center for Applied Scientific Computing
> Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
> Livermore. California 94550
> http://www.llnl.gov/casc/people/mirin

Because you use the Intel ifort(1) Fortran compiler, you should add
the string "-DpgiFortran" to the CPPFLAGS environment variable before
building the package.  Do the following:

    1.  Go to the top-level source-directory.

    2.  Execute the command "make distclean".

    3.  Ensure that the CPPFLAG environment variable contains the
        necessary string, e.g.,

              export CPPFLAGS=-DpgiFortran

    4.  Execute the configure script.

    5.  Proceed with the rest of the build.