[UDUNITS #NWU-852580]: Issue with the installation of Udunits.

Andres,

> Hello, I am a student of the Universidad Simon Bolivar of Venezuela, and I
> got a problem trying to do the steps of the installation, when i do the step
> "make install"  to build the package is when ocurrs the issue, attach to
> this email there were the documents that you request. I hope that you can
> help me with this, Thanks for your attention.
>
> A.  The standard output of the command "uname -a".
>
> SunOS xica 5.10 Generic sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V440
>
> B.  The file VERSION, which is in the top-level source directory.
>
> udunits-1.12.4.
>
> C.  The file "configure.log".
>
> Attached.
>
> D.  The file "config.log", which is created by the configure script in
> the top-level source directory.
>
> Attached.
>
> E.  The absolute pathname of the C compiler used in the build process
> (use the type(1) or which(1) utility to determine this).
>
> /usr/sfw/bin/gcc
>
> F.  The file "make.log".
>
> Attached.

The file "make.log" contained the following:

making `all' in directory /home/ldm/UDUNITS/udunits-1.12.4/src/udunits

gcc -c -g -O2 -I../lib -I../port/misc udunits.c
gcc -o udunits -g -O2 udunits.o -R/home/ldm/UDUNITS/udunits-1.12.4/src/lib -L/h
ome/ldm/UDUNITS/udunits-1.12.4/src/lib -ludunits -R/home/ldm/UDUNITS/udunits-1.
12.4/src/port/misc -L/home/ldm/UDUNITS/udunits-1.12.4/src/port/misc -ludport -l
pow                                 /home/ldm/UDUNITS/udunits-1.12.4/src/lib/li
budunits.a(utlib.o)
ceil                                /home/ldm/UDUNITS/udunits-1.12.4/src/lib/li
budunits.a(utlib.o)
fmod                                /home/ldm/UDUNITS/udunits-1.12.4/src/lib/li
budunits.a(utlib.o)
floor                               /home/ldm/UDUNITS/udunits-1.12.4/src/lib/li
budunits.a(utlib.o)
log10                               /home/ldm/UDUNITS/udunits-1.12.4/src/lib/li
budunits.a(utlib.o)
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to udunits

This indicates that the gcc(1) compiler needs to be told where to find the stan
dard math functions.

Try the following:

    1.  Go to the top-level source-directory.

    2.  Execute the command "make distclean".

    3.  Set the environment variable LD_MATH to reference the standard-math lib
rary, e.g.,

            export LD_MATH="-lm"

        or

            export LD_MATH=/usr/lib/libm.so

    4.  Proceed with building the package as before starting with execution of
        the "configure" script.

> Cheers.
>
> Andres Vidal.
>

> PD: Sorry for my english