20060116: UDUNITS licensing

>From: "Connelly, Stephen" <address@hidden>

Hi Stephen,

re:
>       One of our project teams at Harris is using UDUNITS. I have no
>relationship with that project team. I've been tasked with collecting
>all of the license agreements for the software products that we use. Can
>you direct me to a copy of the license agreement for UDUNITS?  We are
>also using LDM and THREDDS.  I found the license agreements on your web
>site for these, but not for UDUNITS.

The license for UDUNITS is virtually identical to that for the LDM.
Here is the copyright statment that accompanies the UDUNITS distribution:

  (C) Copyright 1992,1995 UCAR/Unidata

  Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software and its
  documentation for any purpose without fee is hereby granted, provided that
  the above copyright notice appears in all copies, that both that copyright
  notice and this permission notice appear in supporting documentation, and
  that the name of UCAR/Unidata not be used in advertising or publicity
  pertaining to distribution of the software without specific, written prior
  permission.  UCAR makes no representations about the suitability of this
  software for any purpose.  It is provided "as is" without express or
  implied warranty.  It is provided with no support and without obligation on
  the part of UCAR or Unidata, to assist in its use, correction,
  modification, or enhancement.

>Thanks.

No worries.

Cheers,