20050418: udunits documentation

Jeremy,

>Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 16:24:58 -0400
>From: Jeremy Rolph <address@hidden>
>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20050418: udunits documentation

> I am using fortran and i am assuming that is possibly why the
> julday_to_gregdate function does not work???

Probably.  The function julday_to_gregdate() in the UDNITS library
doesn't have a Fortran interface.

You could use any another routine that converts Julian day-number to
Gregorian date.  Alternatively, you could modify the file "lib/utlib.c"
in the UDUNITS package by adding

    FCALLSCSUB4(julday_to_gregdate,jultogreg,JULTOGREG,
        LONG,PINT,PINT,PINT)

just after the definition of the julday_to_gregdate() function.  At
least I think the above is correct -- you should verify that it does the
right think by executing the command "make utlib.i" in that subdirectory
and then examining the JULTOGREG subroutine.

The two functions -- julday_to_gregdate() and gregdate_to_julday() -- were
never intended to be used outside the UDUNITS package.

> thanks again,
> jeremy

Regards,
Steve Emmerson