20041019: downloading UDUNITS package

Ram,

>Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 02:13:56 -0700 (PDT)
>From: ram kumar <address@hidden>
>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20041015: downloading UDUNITS package

> thank you for the step by step instruction list.after
> step 3 of YOUR instruction list,i.e. executing the
> command
>
> >         export CPPFLAGS='-Df2CFortran -DNDEBUG'
>
> i tried step 6 of the link you have given without any
> error. at step 7 of the same when i attempted the MAKE
> command , the command exits with an error. i am
> attaching two files:
> 1. the log file to which output of make was directed  make.log
> 2. the error that appeared on the screen.  screen.log

You should learn how to redirect both the standard output and standard
error streams to the same output file so that error messages immediately
follow the commands that cause them.  This saves time.

> any idea what to do next??????
> regards and thank you again
> Ram Kumar Giri

The "make.log" file contained the following:

    c89 -c -O -I../port/misc -I../port/cfortran
-DUT_DEFAULT_PATH='"/home/imdps/giri/udunits-1.12.2/etc/udunits.dat"'
-Df2CFortran -DNDEBUG utlib.c

The C macro that should have been defined is "f2cFortran" (with a
lower-case "c") rather than "f2CFortran" (with an upper-case "C").  I'm
afraid that I mistyped the macro in my instructions to you.  Sorry.

Please do what you did before but with the correct macro:

    1.  Go to the top-level source-directory.

    2.  Perform steps 3 through 5 described near the end of

            http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/udunits/INSTALL.txt

    3.  Ensure that the environment variable CPPFLAGS contains the
        string "-Df2cFortran" (with a lower-case "c").  For example

            export CPPFLAGS='-Df2cFortran -DNDEBUG'

    4.  Perform steps 6 through 9 described near the end of

            http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/udunits/INSTALL.txt

Please let me know if this helps.

Again, I apologize for my mistake.

Regards,