20040920: Library for udunits for G5OSX cluster

Duke Min,

> To: <address@hidden>
> cc: <address@hidden>
> From: "Dughong Min" <address@hidden>
> Subject: Library for udunits for G5OSX cluster

> I try to install the netcdf-related libraries on the Mac-G5
> Cluster system.  I had successfully setup all the libraries of the
> netcdf-3.5.1 version but failed to compile the udunits library for
> the Mac G5 OsX. My G5 OsX uses the Darwin Kernel version 7.50 with
> the IBM XLF 8.1 Fortran and XLC 6.0 C-complier. I could not find
> any information on your web site with regard to how to compile
> the udunits library on the Mac OsX.  Would you please give some
> advices on how to set my environment variables and how to compile
> the Fortran and C compilers to generate the udunits libary?  The
> "uname -a " command on my system appear like "Darwin portal
> 7.5.0 Darwin Kernel Version 7.5.0:  Thu Aug 5 19:26:16 PDT 2004;
> root:xnu/xnu-517.7.21.obj~3/RELEASE_PPC Power Macintosh powerpc".

I just successfully built and tested the UDUNITS package on our in-house
Mac OS X system:

    $ uname -a
    Darwin sid.unidata.ucar.edu 7.5.0 Darwin Kernel Version 7.5.0: Thu Aug  5
19:26:16 PDT 2004; root:xnu/xnu-517.7.21.obj~3/RELEASE_PPC Power Macintosh
powerpc

Please send me items C, D, and F through H, described in the file
INSTALL in the top-level source-directory of the UDUNITS package.
Please send them as plain text.

> Thanks in advance.
> Duke Min

Regards,