20040902: UDUNITS PC Visual Fortran

Lina,

> To: <address@hidden>
> From: "Lina E. Sitz" <address@hidden>
> Subject: UDUNIT for PC

> Hi, my name is Lina Sitz and I'm working on Physics Oceanography in
> Argentina. I need UDUNIT for PC, to use in Visual Fortran. Do have some link
> to obtain this?

The UDUNITS package was designed to be installed on UNIX-like systems
and not a Windows PC.

You could try building it manually on your PC.  I might be able to help
you if you have problems.  This is what I would do:

    1.  Go into the "lib" subdirectory.

    2.  Compile all the C files with the C macro VISUAL_CPLUSPLUS defined.
        Use the file "Makefile.in" as a guide.

        I might be wrong about defining the VISUAL_CPLUSPLUS macro: you
        might need to define another C macro instead.  See the file
        "port/cfortran/cfortran.h" for ideas.

    3.  Create a library from the object files.

    4.  Link your program agains the library and see if it works.

> Thank you.
>
> Lina.

Regards,
Steve Emmerson