20040329: UDUNITS on Windows

Mekonnen,

>Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 11:08:28 -0600
>From: "Mekonnen Woldemariam" <address@hidden>
>To: "Steve Emmerson" <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20040324: UDUNITS on Windows

> This is a follow-up to my previous email this morning. I guess I don't quite
> understand how udunits works. If I have a text file containing time (like
> the fie I sent you last time),

I'm afraid that I don't have the file that you sent me last time, nor do
I recall what it looked like (I answer a lot of email).

> how can I make use of the udunits library to
> get the time data converted? Or is there another function that I must
> download?

The UDUNITS library is, typically, used by a netCDF-using program to
read the data, reduce the data, and write the results.

> On a second thought, I do not really need udunits that much except to
> convert the time data that I send you last time. And maybe two more time
> files that I might generate in the future. If you already have the program
> running, is it possible for you to send me the 'converted time' for the time
> data that I sent you? This would save a lot of time and hassle in installing
> ad running udunits.What do you think?

I think I don't have any spare time.

Do you have access to a UNIX system on which you can build the UDUNITS
package.

> Thanks,
> Mekonnen

Regards,