20030323: UDUNITS build on RedHat 7.2 Linux: udunits.inc

Qinghai Liao,

> To: "address@hidden" <address@hidden>
> From: "iaplqh" <address@hidden>

> I have compiled the udunits and used it to decode the
> olr_monthly_.nc(CDC data) ,f77 readolr.f -lnetcdf -ludunits, but the
> compiler failed to compiled the udunits.inc(The compiler did not know
> the #ifnfef....#endif),Can you help me to fix this bug? My system is
> g77,linux Redhat7.2.

Unfortunately, no standard exists for the naming of a Fortran file that
is included by the preprocessor. Apparently, the extension ".inc" causes
problems on your system.

Try changing the name of the file from "udunits.inc" to "udunits.F".
You will also have to change the name in the following files:

    /lib/udunits.3fi
    /lib/Makefile.in
    configure.in
    RELEASE_NOTES

Then, rebuild and reinstall the UDUNITS package.

Then, change the name from "udunits.inc" to "udunits.F" in your program
and recompile it.

> Thanks a lot!
> Qinghai Liao

Regards,