20020923: Unsatisfied UDUNITS symbols when linking readgeneral.f

Hans-Juergen,

> To: address@hidden
> From: "Dr. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Hans=2DJ=FCrgen?= Panitz" <address@hidden>
> Subject: udunits library

> I transferred some netCDF files as well as the netcdf and udunits
> packages. And also the FORTRAN Program offered by CDC to read the data.
>
> But compilation of the program fails because of unsatisfied symbols (see
> below). The corresponding routines are not included in the library.
>
> What is my mistake?
>
> Best regards
>
> Hans-Juergen Panitz
>

> In the following you see what we did and what the problem is like
>

> Our Operating-System:
> HP9000/785 hpux10.20
>
> netcdf-3.5.0 Package installed
>
> udunits-1.11.7 Package instaledl
>
> $ CC=cc CFLAGS=-Aa PERL=/opt/perl5/bin/perl ./configure
> --prefix=/opt/udunits
>
> $ make
>
> $ make install
>

> Unsatisfied symbols  when linking readgeneral.f:
>
> $ f90 readgeneral.f -L/opt/udunits/lib -ludunits -L/opt/netcdf/lib
> -lnetcdf
>
> readgeneral.f
>    main program
>    external subroutine GRIDREAD
>    external subroutine UNPACK
>    external subroutine TIMEINDEX
>    external subroutine XHOUR
>    external subroutine UDPARSE
>    external subroutine UDUERR
>    external function NBLEN
>
> 4068 Lines Compiled
> /usr/ccs/bin/ld: (Warning) At least one PA 2.0 object file
> (readgeneral.o) was detected. The linked output may not run on a PA 1.x
> syst
> em.
> /usr/ccs/bin/ld: Unsatisfied symbols:  comment: the unsatsified codes
> are included from the udunits.inc file
>    uttime (code)
>    uticaltime (code)
>    utopen (code)
>    utfree (code)
>    utdec (code)
>    utcaltime (code)
>    utmake (code)

The above symbols should be defined in the UDUNITS library.  Do the
above symbols appear in a listing of the global symbols of that library?
For example:

    $ nm -g /opt/udunits/lib/libudunits.a | grep -i utmake
    [130]       |     10636|      12|FUNC |GLOB |0    |2      |utmake_

Regards,