20020121: Couldn't read units-file "/usr/local/GrADS-1.7Beta9/dat"

Jeong-Ock Lim,

> To: address@hidden
> From: "Lim Jeong-Ock" <address@hidden>
> Subject: question for udunits-1.11.7

> ------=_NextPart_000_680_6a28_65e8
>
> Hello I'm Jeong-Ock Lim, senior at Yonsei Univ. Korea. *^^*
>
> I have some troubles in installing udunits package at our workstations.
>
> (We have two DEC(OSF1)s.) We named them squall and cyclonic, respectively.
>
> At cyclonic, it seems that 'udunits' excutes rightly, but not at squall.
>
> Error massage says that 'udunits' requires 'udunits.dat' under GrADS
> directory.
>
> (you can see that message in the errormsg_squall.txt)
>
> I have attached files to help you understand our problems.
>

> Always be happy~¢¾

> udunits(3): Input-line longer than 512-byte buffer
> udunits(3): Error occurred at line 1
> udunits(3): Couldn't read units-file "/usr/local/GrADS-1.7Beta9/dat"
> ./bin/udunits: Couldn't initialize udunits(3) package

The UDUNITS library builds its database of units by opening and reading
unit definitions from a file. On your system, the library believes that
the file is "/usr/local/GrADS-1.7Beta9/dat". It appears from the above
error messages that the file exists but that the library was unable to
read it. Look at the file. Does it appear normal?  Is it the same as the
corresponding file on the other system?

The default pathname of this file is set when the package is built.  The
default pathname can be overridden at runtime by setting the environment
variable UDUNITS_PATH.  For example

    export UDUNITS_PATH=/opt/lib/udunits.dat

If "/usr/local/GrADS-1.7Beta9/dat" isn't the correct pathname for the
file, then set UDUNITS_PATH to the correct pathname and re-execute the
application.

Regards,