20011029: NCEP reanalysis: utcaltime error

Yurdanur,

>Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 16:27:26 -0600
>From: Yurdanur Unal <address@hidden>
>To: Steve Emmerson <address@hidden>
>Subject: Re: 20011026: NCEP reanalysis: utcaltime error

> Hi Steve,
> My system admin says that "It's IRIX 6.4, 64bit (aka IRIX64). The
> first is the OS version, the second is the binary type"

By default, the return-type of the UTMAKE routine is "integer".  On a
64-bit system, this can be the wrong type.
Try defining the macro PTR in the file "lib/udunits.inc" to be
"integer*8" instead of "integer".  Install the include-file in the place
referenced by the reanalysis software and rebuild the software.

This assumes that the reanalysis software includes the file
"netcdf.inc". If it doesn't, they you'll have to find the places where
it calls "utmake" and fix the return type.

Regards, Steve Emmerson   <http://www.unidata.ucar.edu>