20011025: udunits library

>From: Yurdanur Unal <address@hidden>

Yurdanur,

>Library udunits was installed by our system admin. but I am still having
>problems with it while compiling a fortran code which reads NCEP/NCAR
>reanalysis data. It gives an error message:
>
>ld32: ERROR 33: Unresolved text symbol "__eprintf" -- 1st referenced by
>/opt/lib/libudunits.a(utlib.o).
>ld32: INFO 152: Output file removed because of error.
>
>what might be wrong?

This error is most likely telling us that the UDUNITS library was built
using gcc.  You are most probably building your application using a
vendor Fortran compiler, and the linker is not searching needed gcc
libraries.  It may also be possible that the compiler you are using is
not compatible (i.e., can not use) the gcc libraries.

>thanks
>-yurdanur

Tom Yoksas