20000519: Couldn't read units-file

Roelof,

In the above message, you wrote:

> i installed the udunits package without any problems
> included the binary in my path variable
> tried out the command - udunits -
> and it worked perfectly,
> i then rebooted my machine, then i got the following error when trying the
> command:
>
> fgets(): Is a directory
> udunits(3): Error occurred at line 1
> udunits(3): Couldn't read units-file "/usr/local/udunits-1.11.7"
> udunits: Couldn't initialize udunits(3) package
>
> i deleted everything and started over again - again with no problems, but this
> time, it kept giving me the errors. i must be doing something very stupid.
>
> can you maybe help me?

The UDUNITS library reads an initialization file at startup.  The file
is, nominally, "udunits.dat" in the "etc/" installation subdirectory.
The pathname of this file may be specified by the UDUNITS_PATH
environment variable.

Do you have that environment variable set?  If so, is it set to
"/usr/local/udunits-1.11.7/etc/udunits.dat"?

Regards,