Re: 20000215: installation problem: missing C math functions

Link Ji,

In the above message, you wrote:

> I try to install UDUNITS on a 4 processors ALPHA workstation.
> There are problem with the installation when excute the command
> 'make', the error message will appreciate any clue you might have:
>
> cc -c -O -I../lib -I../port/misc  -std udunits.c
> cc -o udunits -O udunits.o -L/usr/local/udunits/src/lib -ludunits
> -L/usr/local/udunits/src/port/misc -ludport -ly
> ld:
> Unresolved:
> fmod
> ldexp
> log10
> modf
> pow
> floor
> ceil
> *** Exit 1
> Stop.
> *** Exit 1
> Stop.
> *** Exit 1
> Stop.
>

> Please help, Thanks.
>
> Dr. Link Ji
> Texas A&M University
> Department of Oceanography
> Email: address@hidden
> Phone: 409-458-3569

Apparently, your C compiler/linker isn't referencing the C runtime
library where the above functions are.  This is non-standard behavior
and should be reported to your system administrator.

In the meantime, you should be able to cause the build procedure to
explicity reference the C math functions by using the LIBS environment
variable.  Try the following:

    1.  Go to the top-level source directory.

    2.  Perform steps 2 through 5 near the end of the INSATLL file.

    3.  Ensure that the environment variable LIBS contains the string "-lm".

    4.  Perform steps 6 through 9 near the end of the INSTALL file.

Regards,