[THREDDS #JSS-331297]: NDFD Grids

Hi Nathan,

We recently hit the limit of the I/O system on the machine that hosts our main
THREDDS instance, and it can no longer keep up with the data coming into the
LDM queue. This will likely require a major hardware upgrade, but we are
investigating ways to get around this in the meantime.

As for alternate methods of retrieving the data, you might consider setting up
your own LDM [1] at your institution. I don't know of any other THREDDS servers
hosting that data, however.

Cheers,
Christian

[1] http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/ldm/