[THREDDS #CDL-298835]: NCSS access to station data

Christof,

I've been informed that for NetCDF-java, the point feature support requires the
variable to be laid out as (stations, time), rather than (time, stations) as
you have done. (This is specific to NetCDF-java, not CF.)

I can confirm that flipping the dimensions results in the "prec" variable
showing up on the NCSS form. Is it possible for you to lay out the data in that
fashion?

Ryan

> > Full Name: Christof Lorenz
> > Email Address: address@hidden
> > Package Version: 4.6
> > Operating System: Debian
> > Hardware:
> > Description of problem: Hi all,
> >
> > I'm currently setting up a Thredds Server, which which we will distribute
> > model- and station-data in our working group. First of all, I am really
> > impressed by all the different features and the simplicity of the
> > configuration. Most things work straight out of the box.
> >
> > However, I came across one issue w.r.t. station data. As we have a large
> > collection of station data, we would like to use the netcdf subset service
> > (ncss) for e.g. chosing only the stations within a bounding box. But the
> > ncss-page (which works perfectly fine for grids btw.) does not recognize
> > the time-series variables.
>
> > I can look at the data in (e.g.) Panoply and everything seems to be fine.
> > However, I can not access the data via ncss as the page only shows the
> > "station_name"-variable. I've also attached a "screenshot" of the ncss-page
> > and the netcdf-file to this mail.
> >
> > It would be really great if you could quickly go over the definitions of
> > the file and check if there is something wrong.
> >
> > Thank you very much in advance!
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Christof

Ticket ID: CDL-298835