[THREDDS #OIH-724591]: installation instructions for TDS on windows

Jennifer,

Sorry to hear you're having so many problems. Sorry about the lack of Windows'
docs. We don't see a lot of people trying to run TDS in production on Windows.

The error message leads me to believe that while
C:/apache-tomcat-7.0.57/content/thredds/data exists, data isn't actually a
directory. (or maybe a permission problem?)

Either way, I think your properties are slightly off; tds.content.root.path
points to the root content directory for tomcat, while tds.content.path points
to the subdirectory for thredds' config (relative to the root path). I would
try these settings:

tds.content.root.path=C:/apache-tomcat-7.0.57/content
tds.content.path=thredds

The thredds directory is where files like catalog.xml and threddsConfig.xml
should live. (thredds is actually the default, so if that contains the config,
you should be able to just leave out tds.content.path)

Ryan

> Hello,
> I am still struggling to get TDS installed on windows.  Looking at my log
> files it looks like I am not setting "tds.content.root.path" properly.
> Please see the log and my tds.properties.  If you can advise me on what I
> am doing wrong that would be great.
> Thank you
> Jenn
>
> address@hidden> wrote:
>

> > Jennifer Boehnert,
> >
> > Your Ticket has been received, and a Unidata staff member will review it
> > and reply accordingly. Listed below are details of this new Ticket. Please
> > make sure the Ticket ID remains in the Subject: line on all correspondence
> > related to this Ticket.
> >
> >     Ticket ID: OIH-724591
> >     Subject: installation instructions for TDS on windows
> >     Department: Support THREDDS
> >

> > Please let us know how we can assist you further.
> >
> > Unidata User Support
> >

> --
> Jennifer Boehnert
> GIS Coordinator