[THREDDS #OAA-850707]: Support request

Andrea,

Given the way that server is configured, the only option is to parse the XML
catalog at:
http://data.nodc.noaa.gov/thredds/catalog/pathfinder/Version5.2/2011/catalog.xml

You can probably look at each of the data files listed and parse the time from
the name. (It looks like YYYYMMDDHHmmss, just not fixed time intervals). Based
on the parsing, you can decide whether you're interested in the file. If you
have the right client, you could also open the dataset and look at the time
metadata without downloading the full data. Unfortunately, the way that server
is configured does not expose a way to query for files within a time range.

You may also be interested in this other (non_Unidata) project:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/njtbx/, which provides some netcdf-java
functionality in Matlab.

Ryan