[THREDDS #KJZ-146434]: [THREDDS] - double aggregation time/geographical

Greetings Vega,

It is only possible to aggregate using joinExistsing on the outer dimension
of a variable (which I assume time is the outer dimension in your case). If you
wanted to aggregate on time again, you could do so without issues. However,
given that the spatial dimensions are not outer dimensions, you could not do
a new joinExisting on them. Unfortunately, NcML will not do what you would
like. That said, what you propose is an often requested feature, and is on our
list of things to investigate (although I do not have a timeline to give you on
it
at this point).

Cheers,

Sean

> Dear all,
>
> is it possible to aggregate nc files twice?
>
> I explain...
>
> let's say we have daily netcdf files for Mediterranean and Black Sea; at
> the moment, we're aggregating files by time (<aggregation dimName="time"
> type="joinExisting">), resulting in 2 different datasets/timeseries.
> Perfect.
>
> Now we'd like to aggregate them in one single ncML file resulting in a
> timeseries of the sum of the 2 areas (MED+BS)...is it possible? Can I
> have an example?
>
> We're using THREDDS "Version 4.3.20 - 20131125.1409"
>
> Thanks for the support
>
> Best Regards
> Vega
>
> --
> +-----------------------------------------------------------------------+
> Vega Forneris
>
> CNR -  Area di Ricerca Roma II - Tor Vergata
> via del Fosso del Cavaliere 100 - 00133 Roma
>
> ***  ***  ***
>
> CNR - Istituto di Scienze dell'Atmosfera e del Clima (ISAC) - UOS Roma
> GOS - Gruppo Mare
> Gestione servizi informatici
>
> Tel:   +39 06 45488 322
>
> emails: NEW ==> address@hidden <== NEW

> "Non mi sento obbligato a credere che lo stesso Dio che ci ha dotato di
> sensi, ragione, ed intelletto intendesse che noi ne facessimo a meno."
>
> "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us
> with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
>
> (Galileo Galilei)

Ticket ID: KJZ-146434
Department: Support THREDDS