[THREDDS #VNI-792787]: WMS error

Hualan,

On 1/14/2014 8:03 AM, Rui, Hualan (GSFC-610.2)[ADNET SYSTEMS INC] wrote:
> Could you please explain a little more what kind of information the TDS needs
> from the "Center/Subcenter/Version" and why the TDS need that information,
> which could help me to think how to modify the GRIBTAB files.

What the TDS needs is an actual, authenticated grib table from the
organization that owns the Center and Subcenter.  Presumably, this
organization generates data that uses the table, though other groups may
use the same table for there own data sets.  Such a table will have an
unambiguous description of the Center, Subcenter, and Version (i.e.,
Center 221, Subcenter 221, Version 1), and the table contents will
provided 1:1 mappings of parameter numbers to parameter names and
units.  The TDS uses the information in the tables to render data in
grib records useable for any data set or record constructed using that
table.  As tables change over time, the table version number is very
important.

I will try to track down the tables from the data providers you
mentioned, and make changes to the tables used by the TDS if necessary.

-Lansing

Ticket ID: VNI-792787
Department: Support THREDDS