[THREDDS #LRD-519657]: question about thredds queries

Hi Julianne,

I went by your office a few minutes ago, but I must have missed you.  Sorry for
letting your support request linger!

A general note - the server "motherlode.ucar.edu:8080" has been deprecated in
favor of "thredds.ucar.edu".

The first URL you have fails because the RUC data is no longer available.  It
has been succeeded by the HRRR (High Resolution Rapid Refresh) model.  Under
the NCEP page, look for RAP:

http://thredds.ucar.edu/thredds/idd/modelsNcep.html

The Alaska data is available here:

http://thredds.ucar.edu/thredds/catalog/grib/NCEP/NAM/Alaska_22km/catalog.html?dataset=grib/NCEP/NAM/Alaska_22km/best

Cheers,
  Lansing Madry
  Unidata
  Boulder, Colorado

> Hello,
>
> This is Julianne--I work upstairs for DLS/NSDL. We have an older
> collection of links in our DLESE library that links to thredds data
> sets, but the urls are no longer working. Is there a way for me to
> reformat these old urls so that they form a useable query?
>
> For example, the nonworking url is this:
> http://motherlode.ucar.edu:8080/thredds/catalog/fmrc/NCEP/RUC/CONUS_80km/catalog.html
>
> Is there a way for me to get it into this format?
> http://motherlode.ucar.edu:8080/thredds/catalogServices?cmd=subset&catalog=<catalog>&dataset=<ID>
>
> Another example of a nonworking url is this:
> http://motherlode.ucar.edu:8080/thredds/catalog/fmrc/NCEP/NAM/Alaska_22km/catalog.html
>
> Thanks for your help!
> Julianne

Ticket ID: LRD-519657