[THREDDS #QGA-850320]: Question Regarding Data Access

Hi Ari,

I'm sorry you are having trouble downloading the data you need.  However, I'm
not familiar with a server at tds.ucar.edu - it's not one of ours (Unidata,
that is).  Did you mean thredds.ucar.edu?  That would make more sense, and is a
Unidata maintained TDS.  However, the Thredds Data Servers maintained by
Unidata do not require login credentials, though it is quite possible that
other organizations do.  If you know the hosting organization and have contact
information for them, you'll need to contact them directly to find out what
happened to their server.

Regards,
  Lansing Madry
  Unidata
  Boulder, Colorado

> Hello,
> My name is Ari Stern. I am a researcher at Boston University in the
> Department of Earth and Environment. I have been using data from the CCSM4
> model for the past two months and have periodically accessed and downloaded
> NC files through the PCMDI ESGF portal which I believe was using the
> THREDDS server.
>
> Now when I try to downloads files from the CCSM4 model, it asks for log in
> information (username and password) to access tds.ucar.edu:80. I made an
> account with Unidata, but that log in info is not what is required. I also
> saw something about the server moving. Is the link on the ESGF portal now
> just outdated?
> Thanks,
> Ari Stern

Ticket ID: QGA-850320