Re: THREDDS GRIB-1 Collections

I think i have this fixed.

The newest release candidate is here if youd like to test:

ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/thredds/4.3/4.3.17/thredds.war

thanks

On 5/22/2013 10:02 AM, Kevin Manross wrote:

Yeah, that looks to be it.

-kevin.

On 5/22/13 10:02 AM, John Caron wrote:
On 5/22/2013 9:02 AM, Kevin Manross wrote:

Hello John,

I'll bet that you are pretty swamped with things.  I wanted to check
on the status of the GRIB-1 Collections with regard to the "must be
unique within group" error I encountered when trying to set up a
timePartition and dateFormat.

Can you let me know where that stands and if there is any timeline
for resolution?  This will help me in my planning.

Many thanks!

-kevin.

--
Kevin Manross
NCAR/CISL/Data Support Section

Hi Kevin:

I think I have this fixed. Is  this the same as the message below?

--

Hi John,

Sorry to be such a pain in the backside with all these
questions/problems.

Conversion from GRIB1 to netcdf was done with netcdfAll-4.3.jar.
Version stuff follows:

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Implementation-Vendor: UCAR/Unidata
Implementation-Title: NetCDF-Java Library
Implementation-Version: 4.3.15
Implementation-Vendor-Id: edu.ucar
Built-On: 20121218.1413
Built-By: caron
Build-Jdk: 1.7.0_05

I then dumped the netCDF file headers using ncdump from the (assumed)
C library on yellowstone (netcdf library version 4.2 of Aug  3 2012
22:26:59)

The Pressure_surface dump was merely a grep of
Pressure_surface:Grib1_TableVersion of all the resulting .cdl header files

The bleeding edge thredds war file was offered to me by Lansing to
test the timePartition fixes for GRIB1

I'm attaching the first two files of that dump list.  They're gzipped
for email only.  We normally don't zip them (though I don't suspect
the compressing to be a factor).

Let me know if you need any more info.  Thanks!

-kevin.