More on reading FNMOC Grib

Hi Ethan:

Have you made any progress with the GRIB files from FNMOC I sent?  I have tried
everything I can think of, in every combination and it fails if I cross months.

Well, just to make your day, we are now dealing with a new set of GRIB files
from FNMOC, now related to their NAVGEM model instead of their NOGAPS model.
Look at:

http://thredds1.pfeg.noaa.gov/thredds/FNMOC/NAVGEM/catalog.html

Here are a list of typos:

1) For
http://thredds1.pfeg.noaa.gov/thredds/dodsC/FNMOC/navgem/500Mb/best.html
long_name for geop_ht_isobaric
shouldn't "mas" be "mass"?

2) For http://thredds1.pfeg.noaa.gov/thredds/dodsC/FNMOC/navgem/500Mb/best.html
for isobaric,
shouldn't positive "down" be "up"?
And shouldn't _CoordinateZisPositive "down" be "up"?

3) At
http://thredds1.pfeg.noaa.gov/thredds/dodsC/FNMOC/navgem/10mWindV/best.html
for the long_name for wnd_vcmp_mn_trnc18_height_above_ground,
shouldn't "movrement" be "movement"?

4) At
http://thredds1.pfeg.noaa.gov/thredds/dodsC/FNMOC/navgem/20mWindV/best.html
for the long_name for wnd_vcmp_mn_trnc18_height_above_ground,
shouldn't "movrement" be "movement"?

All of these I believe are generated by TDS from the GRIB files (I certainly do
not have anything in the catalog.xml).  I believe all of these are correct in
the original grib, a new one being created by FNMOC.  I have attached two
files, let me know if they get through okay,  All of these files are read
correctly by the program wgrib if you want some comparison with your grib
decoder.

-Roy

**********************
"The contents of this message do not reflect any position of the U.S.
Government or NOAA."
**********************
Roy Mendelssohn
Supervisory Operations Research Analyst