[THREDDS #KMR-469340]: Feature Collection Time Limits

> We've got a bunch of forecast data available that we would like to aggregate
> using Feature Collection.  However, we don't want to aggregate it all....we
> only want the last week, or last month, last 3 months, etc. worths of data.
>
> Is there a way to limit how far back in time to go when aggregating files in
> a feature collection?
>
> Jrd

Justin,

If you want a collection to go back to a certain time, for instance only data
files from 2012, then you could set up your dateFormatMark to exclude the YYYY
portion of your filenames from the collection.  Likewise, if you only wanted
this month's data, then you would hard code the year and month in your
collection and let the days "float" inside the dateFormatMark.  I don't believe
that we currently support a rolling cutoff.  I'll put this in as a feature
request.

In the meantime, I would suggest setting up a script that runs once a day and
simply puts the files you would like to aggregate (for instance, the latest 30
data files from your archive) into a unique directory for the TDS to aggregate
on.  That would probably be the easiest route to go at this point.

Cheers,
 Lansing

Ticket ID: KMR-469340
Department: Support THREDDS