[THREDDS #OSW-968664]: Problem with TDS server

Greetings Arie,

We are currently working with the HYCOM group to see if we can help
improve performance. The issue is that they are aggregating several large
files (each >2 GB) for each day over an entire year - this can take quite
a bit of time to do, but it is taking exceptionally long in the HYCOM case.
I do not believe the TDS places a restriction on OpenDAP requests like it
does on netCDF Subset Service requests. Hopefully we can help them get
things going soon.

Cheers,

Sean

> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if you have had any reports on the TDS
> server being slow and/or not working? I am trying to access
> http://tds.hycom.org/thredds/dodsC/GLBa0.08/expt_90.9 using Opendap. I
> have contacted the Opendap people, and they said the reason it stops
> working is because the TDS cannot return a response as large as the one
> I requested.
>
> Any information would be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Arie

Ticket ID: OSW-968664
Department: Support THREDDS