[IDV #DTW-199627]: What is the default "Read timed out" value?

Greetings Michael,

Sorry for the delay (as a side note, I'm still waiting for my system to
to be finished so that I can recreate a mini-Hycomm server to check
into the performance issues - I haven't forgotten!).

> Thanks for the info. 5 minutes should be ample time for a catalog
> scan/response. Does it only timeout if the IDV client does not start
> receiving any data back from the server? i.e., if the server responds
> and starts sending back data at a slow pace - and this takes longer
> than 5 minutes - would this result in a timeout?

The TDS won't send data back until the scan/aggregation is complete.
Since TDS does not have asynchronous response capabilities, the IDV
will sit and wait for TDS to send the data (which only happens after
the aggregation is done - it's not a streaming response). If that
does not happen within five minutes, then it times out.

Again, apologies for the delay!

Sean