[THREDDS #DMK-313387]: Related to data dissemination

Hi Ghansham,

The THREDDS Data Server (TDS) provides a number of data access mechanisms.
OPeNDAP, OGC WCS, and the NetCDF Subset Service (NCSS) all provide subsetting
capabilities and return data in various formats. OGC WMS provides subsetting
and regridding capabilities and returns images. The Godiva web interface makes
requests of the WMS service and then displays the requested images.

There are a number of applications that can read data directly from a THREDDS
server (IDV, ferret, etc.). Is accessing the data through a client application
the goal? Or do your users want to download data files? If the latter, the NCSS
may be the best bet. OGC WCS would be another option.

Hope that helps,

Ethan

Ghansham Sangar wrote:
> R/Sir
>
> I want to disseminate data using THREDDS but also provide user an interface
> to interactively select area from the map.
> Does Godiva supports data dissemination?
> Or LAS/F-TDS is the option?
>
> Ghansham

Ticket ID: DMK-313387
Department: Support THREDDS