Re: Fwd: Re: GeoTIFFS Redux Redux

roy can you double check your classpath? maybe delete webapp/thredds and reinstall?

On 4/21/2010 2:58 PM, Yuan Ho wrote:
John Caron wrote:

Roy,
I run the geotiff writer again and I still can reproduce the same good result, see the attached tiff file which is based on the your file 8day.nc. The call to the writer is:

String fileOut = "C:/Users/yuanho/Downloads/tmp.tif"; LatLonPointImpl p1 = new LatLonPointImpl(20, -140.0);
      LatLonPointImpl p2 = new LatLonPointImpl(50, -110.0);
      LatLonRect llr = new LatLonRect(p1, p2);
      GeotiffWriter writer = new GeotiffWriter(fileOut);
writer.writeGrid("C:/Users/yuanho/Downloads/8day.nc", "BAssta", 0, 0, false, llr);
           writer.close();

Please check the attached file.

Yuan

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:     Re: GeoTIFFS Redux Redux
Date:     Tue, 20 Apr 2010 15:51:02 -0700
From:     Roy Mendelssohn <address@hidden>
To:     John Caron <address@hidden>

nope no FMRC aggregation. Time aggregation but not on forecasts. Last time it had to do with the land masks or the missing values, - they were being included in the scaling and messed up the image.

I am pretty certain I can send the previous correspondences with Yuan Ho from about 1.5 years ago. It was the same problem and he fixed it. I am wondering if somewhere along the line the old Geotiff Writer code got put back into the code base, Note again the netcdf file generated by WCS is correct, the GeoTIFF is not. So the WCS call is presumably generating the correct data, the image is then being generated incorrectly.

-Roy

On Apr 20, 2010, at 3:42 PM, John Caron wrote:

> Are you using FMRC aggregation? we have a new version of FMRC that might be useful to you, as it allows you to trigger when the collection should be reread.
> > rough docs at
> > http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf-java/reference/collections/FeatureCollections.html
> > alpha release in a day or two

**********************