[THREDDS #SJR-268270]: timeCoverage present

Hi again Dave,

> > I did a quick search in the mailing list archives
> > and couldn't find any questions on this. When I
> > use present for the <end> of a timeCoverage block
> > it always says the time the server was restarted.
> > I thought the point of the "present" key word was
> > that it would always say the current time. Is that
> > not correct?
> >
> > I am using Tomcat 6.0.14 TDS 3.17.3.1 with Java 1.6.0_03.
>
> Hmm. We've fixed this problem at least twice and I thought
> had some descent tests in place for it. So, I'm a bit
> surprised that you are seeing it in 3.17.3.1 (the latest
> 3.17 release).
>
> On the other hand, it might depend on whether the catalog
> you are seeing this in is a TDS configuration catalog or a
> catalog generated by a datasetScan. Are you seeing the
> problem in one or both of those situations?
>
> Are you planning on upgrading to 4.0?

Finally got back to looking at this (sorry for the delay).

I'm not seeing this in TDS 4.0 so it may be that we didn't
fold this bug fix back into TDS 3.17.

How critical is this bug for you and can you upgrade to
TDS 4.0? (We definitely recommend TDS 4.0 as it has many
bug fixes and performance improvements.)

Thanks,

Ethan

Ticket ID: SJR-268270
Department: Support THREDDS