[THREDDS #RXC-180508]: Wrong Base URL

Hi Guan Wang,

> We are assigned the task to set up THREDDS server for NOAA. The problem
> we got is that THREDDS can't resolve the base url if we use ProxyPass
> in httpd to link with tomcat instead of mod_jk
>
> If httpd.conf, I have the setting below:
>
> ProxyPass /thredds http://localhost:8080/thredds
>
> ProxyPassReverse /thredds http://localhost:8080/thredds
>
> So, when THREDDS tried to build the path, it looks like
> http://localhost:8080/...
>
> You can check it out on our server:
> http://michigan.glin.net/thredds/catalog.html
>
> I don't know if there is a config section or attribute that allow users
> to set the base url?

Take a look at the TDS reference doc page on "Running Tomcat Behind a Proxy
Server":

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/tech/reference/TomcatBehindProxyServer.html

It goes into some detail on configuring mod_proxy and gets around this problem
(the TDS gets handed the old request URL) by using mod_proxy_ajp.

We aren't too familiar with mod_jk (as you can see near the bottom of the
reference page mentioned above). Did mod_jk not require special configuration
to avoid this problem? And why did you switch from mod_jk to mod_proxy?

Let us know if this helps.
Thanks.

Ethan

Ticket ID: RXC-180508