Re: More on WCS and THREDDS 3.16.36

Hi John:

That fixed the problem of generating the GeoTIFF. If you remember the genesis of this, Yuan Ho made changes to GeotiffWrite that seemed to give improved GeoTIFF's, and this was incorporated into THREDDS 3.16.36. Try these two URL's:

http://las.pfeg.noaa.gov:8082/thredds/wcs/satellite/BA/ssta/8day? request=GetCoverage&version=1.0.0&service=WCS&format=GeoTIFF&coverage=BA ssta&Vertical=.0&time=2008-06-13T00:00:00Z&bbox=220,20,250,50

http://las.pfeg.noaa.gov:8082/thredds/wcs/satellite/BA/ssta/8day? request=GetCoverage&version=1.0.0&service=WCS&format=GeoTIFFfloat &coverage=BAssta&Vertical=. 0&time=2008-06-13T00:00:00Z&bbox=220,20,250,50

Attached also is an image generated from Ferret from the same server from the same file(s) using OPeNDAP. So the problem we are still facing is the GeoTIFF sampling/generation still seems off - we ultimately may need to ship 32 bit GeoTIIFS to the HAB program to be used in HAB forecasting.

Thanks.

-Roy