[THREDDS #UMU-968859]: Error accessing TDS generated page

Hi Dan,

I don't think an upgrade to the current TDS version will help this problem.

Is this file being generated by the CatalogGen application on some regular
basis or was it all done by hand and is pretty static?

Try moving this catalog out of the content/thredds/cataloggen/catalog/
directory and into content/thredds or a non-"cataloggen" subdirectory of
content/thredds. The problem is that any URL requests starting with
/thredds/cataloggen/ are handled by the CatGenServlet instead of the main TDS
code. So, the cataloggen/ directory should only contain catGen config files and
catGen generated catalogs. CatGen generated catalogs weren't designed to deal
with datasetScan or aggregation stuff. It might work with a few more steps but
it would be better to keep datasetScan and aggregation stuff out of the
cataloggen directory.

Let me know if moving the catalog works. Also, is the catalog referenced by the
catalog tree starting at catalog.xml (or listed in threddsConfig.xml in a
catalogRoot element)?

Ethan

> Hi Again,
>
> I have a TDS accessing several large catalogs (which I didn't
> create myself though they have worked in the past).  Anyway it seems
> as though the pages generated by cataloggen aren't correct, or
> there's something going on..  Here's the link:
>
> http://satdat1.gso.uri.edu/thredds/catalog.html?
> cmd=subset&catalog=http://satdat1.gso.uri.edu:80/thredds/cataloggen/
> catalogs/URIPath1kmdecWP.xml&dataset=nwPacific1KmDec
>
> and if you follow that down and follow the OPeNDAP Access link:
>
> http://satdat1.gso.uri.edu/thredds/dodsC/NWPacificDec_1km.html
>
> you'll get the following:
> -----
> Error { code = 1; message = "Cant find NWPacificDec_1km"; };
> -----
>
> and in the threddsServlet.log file I see the following:
> ----
> ** DebugOn **
> getNetcdfFile = http://satdat1.gso.uri.edu/thredds/dodsC/
> NWAtlanticDec_1km.html
> getNetcdfFile = http://satdat1.gso.uri.edu/thredds/dodsC/
> NWAtlanticDec_1km.html
> getNetcdfFile = http://satdat1.gso.uri.edu/thredds/dodsC/
> NWPacificDec_1km.html
> ----
>
> (I tried accessing several different aggregations).  Anyway,
> there isn't any '.html' file being generated where is seems to
> indicate, but I think there's some other issue at work here.  Not
> sure why it's trying to do a 'getNetcdfFile' but that's why I'm
> sending this message.
>
> I can provide the xml files if you need them.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dan
>
> p.s.  You might recall I entered a ticket on this aggregation
> earlier, all I did to cause the problem I'm reporting is to change
> the 'time' variable type from 'String' to 'int' in the aggregation
> element and reload the thredds servlet from the Tomcat admin interface.

Ticket ID: UMU-968859
Department: Support THREDDS