[THREDDS #SQO-318763]: THREDDS - Using CSS or XSLT to make the catalog look different

Hi Katherine,

> Got my catalog up and running fairly easily.
> I have looked through the archives, with not much success, to see how
> I might make the pages created by datasetScan look different than the
> standard given. Seems like tables and hardcoded css styles are used.
> Can I change this? If so where? Maybe using divs/spans rather than
> tables so I can do more clever things with css/ajax etc?

I'm afraid we have very little experience making flexible or good looking web
pages. A number of people have asked about this and we are open to the idea but
don't have the expertise or time to devote.

If you have some specific changes you would like to see, we could try to make
them. One problem is that our HTML is generated with print statements in our
Java code. Yuck! But that's were we are at the moment.

Hmm, perhaps we should send out an email to the thredds list and see if there
is enough interest to get a conversation going about how to move towards more
user controllable style in the TDS HTML pages.
Thanks,

Ethan

Ticket ID: SQO-318763
Department: Support THREDDS