[THREDDS #JBK-163062]: New ECMWF data sets

Hi Sylvain,

> I was just wondering if there was a plan to include the new available
> fields from ECMWF to the motherlode ftp and opendap for example ?

We do not currently distribute any ECMWF data on motherlode and we don't have
any plans to do so. There are a number of restrictions on the redistribution of
ECMWF data. So that we don't have to worry about those restrictions, we don't
make the data available on motherlode.

> Indeed, on the ECMWF site, the 168-240h forecasts are now available
> freely in every run. This change took place one or two weeks ago
> (before this, we had only the z500 average on the 3 days between
> 168 and 240h)
> The new data seem also to be distributed on the GTS :
> http://www.ecmwf.int/products/additional/
> with these wmo headers :
> http://www.ecmwf.int/products/additional/gts_headers.html
> Do you receive these data sets nowadays ?

We get the data that is distributed on the NOAAPort system which I think is
taken off the GTS. Though I'm not sure if it is all that goes out on the GTS. I
think all we get is a fairly low resolution global model run.

Ethan

Ticket ID: JBK-163062
Department: Support THREDDS