Re: metadata question

I tried the xlink attributes in the Metadata element but I could not get it to work for some reason.  Well... I was looking at the docs again this morning and came across this form the catalog spec for the metadata element:

"It may also contain an XLink to another XML document, whose top-level element should be a valid metadata element (see example below). Note it should not link to an HTML page, use the documentation element instead."

So it appears that I'm stuck using the documentation tag.  Is it possible to use a standard HTML anchor to provide a link, or do I have to use the xlink attributes?

Bruce