Re: is restarting tomcat necessary?

On Monday 15 May 2006 20:57, Bruce Flynn wrote:
> I'm working on some scripts that generate some catalogs for my data
> in a specific way.  I am therefore modifying my catalogs during the
> debug and testing process.  Is it necessary to restart tomcat each
> time?  I'm restarting to often and getting "port already in use"
> errors.  It's getting to be a real pain, so any help would be much
> appreciated.

You can use the /Tomcat Web Application Manager/ or use /ant/ to restart only
thredds. I use ant in an automated script and it works fine. I do not however
get the same error as you do when restarting tomcat, so you should still try
fixing that (are you running several tomcats?).

--
Bjørge Solli - Office:+47 55205847 http://www.nersc.no
Nansen Environmental and Remote Sensing Center - Bergen, Norway