Dynamic generation of catalogs with catalogRef

Hi guys,

As some are aware, I have written an intermediate server for accessing files on an object-oriented database, with files in incompatible formats. For any given file, it works great.

I'd like to now go ahead and produce thredds catalogs from its indexes, but as new data is constantly being added, it would be nice if this was dynamic.

If I write a cgi script which would produce a thredds catalog, would the local server be able to properly interpret and use that? Or would it assume that it was a reference to another server's catalogs, rather than realising it is supposed to serve the data itself?

Cheers,
-T