Forwarded mail....

Forwarding non member submission.

Jeff

Hello THREDDS and DAWG,

To be more precise, what Bruce is looking for is an IDL
routine that will use the projection parameters available in the
ETA data sets to calculate latitudes and longitudes for each data
point. The output is already mapped to a Lambert Conformal
projection with standard parallels at either 25 or 40 degrees but
does not come with any geo-referencing data layers (lat/lon). We
need this to be able to remap the data sets to a common projection.

I have been exploring the use of the IDL "map_proj_inverse" function
but have not figured out the Cartesian coordinate system orientation
yet.
If anyone knows how to relate the x,y output of map_proj_inverse to the
mapped data or has a routine that will do this we would appreciate
hearing from you.
Thanks,

Martin Landsfeld

The New Media Studio
www.NewMediaStudio.org
805-966-1100

--
Unidata User Support                                    UCAR Unidata Program <

------- End of Forwarded Message