Re: Announcing THREDDS Catalog version 1.0

Hi John...

My first comment is that I cannot easily read this page because the text extends so far to the right I have to scroll left-to-right, back-and-forth for every single line! I hope you can easily fix this...

tom

p.s. nice to see you --- too bad you had to leave our group early, though!

John Caron wrote:

The specification for THREDDS Catalog version 1.0 is now final, and is at:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/tech/catalog/InvCatalogSpec.html

This spec defines many new metadata tags for creating "enhanced catalogs" that enable Digital Library search and discovery. We will release new client and server software that use the new spec in the next week or so. We will also provide a service for converting version 0.6 catalogs to 1.0.

Please post any comments to this email list. We will add clarifications to the existing spec, and consider changes and additions for a 1.1 version.

Thanks!

--
Tom Whittaker (address@hidden)
University of Wisconsin-Madison