Web services articles in ACM Communications

Hi all,

My apologies to those of you for whom Web Services technology and standards is old hat. But the June issue of the Communications of the ACM is devoted to Web Services. For me, some of the overview articles describing the relationship among the various evolving technologies and standards are very useful. The alphabet soup is still there, but there are some helpful architectural diagrams and succint descriptions of the components and their state of evolution. Many of the later articles are on business/marketing applications, but even some of that is interesting from the point of view that this is not simply an academic exercise -- for better or for worse.

I thought you might be interested. I think there is a way to get at one free issue of the CACM on a trial basis online, but I can't figure out how to get at this one. It may be too soon.

--Ben
  Ben Domenico                Unidata Deputy Director
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu           P.O. Box 3000
  address@hidden              Boulder, CO 80307
  (303)497-8631                    FAX: (303)497-8690