20030616: Solaris 9 support for Unidata packages

>From: William C Klein <address@hidden>

Hi Bill,

>Will the Solaris 9 operating system be supported for LDM, GEMPAK and/or
>McIDAS?

Yes, it already is.  We have been running on Solaris 9 on a variety of
platforms for some time now.

On a separate, but relate topic: can I get you to upgrade to the latest
release of the LDM-6.  Statistics we are receiving show that you are
still running LDM-5.x.  The upgrade to LDM-6 is quick and easy, and it
has proven to improve data ingestion at sites.

We are willing to do the LDM-6 upgrade and ldmd.conf tuning for you as
long as you give us logins for 'ldm' and 'root' ('root' login is only
needed if you do not support 'sudo'; one step in the LDM installation
requires 'root' to change the mode of rpc.ldmd and hupsyslog).  If you
are interested in us doing the upgrade, please let me know.

Tom