20010802: LDM and NOAAport ingest systems

>From: <address@hidden>

Robert,

>Does LDM and GEMPAK work with KU-BAND NOAAport systems (DynCorp),
>and how would I use the LDM to access NOAAport data?

I can't say for sure if the LDM works "right out of the box" with
DynCorp ingest systems.  I do know that it does work "right out of the
box" with Planetary Data Inc ingest systems since the PDI folks setup
their systems specifically to work with the LDM.

I seem to remember someone in the Unidata community was working on
getting the LDM working with a DynCorp ingest system.  You can read
through the exchanges that were made on that topic by searching our
online inquiry tracking system for the email list the discussion was
held on (ldm-users):

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/ldm/index.html

Select the:

Searchable archives of ldm-users

link and use 'dyncorp' as the search key.

GEMPAK doesn't care where the data comes from, it just needs that data
decoded into formats usable by it.

>Thanks again for the help!

Sorry we can be of more help, but we are funded to support research and
educational institutions, not commercial or private entities.

>Robert Dewey

Tom Yoksas