Re: 20000913: solaris 8 at stc (cont.)

Alan,

I should have mentioned that the system should be in single user
prior to starting the procedure.  Looks to me like the system may
have been multi-user and someone was actively using netscape at the
time?  If this is not the case, let me know.  Presuming you stopped
the procedure around item "ufsdump" but before the "setenv" command,
it's easy to restart -- nothing was harmed.  Let's try to get a fresh
start... run the following;

- sync
- halt
- at the hardware PROM, type "L1-A" to stop the automatic boot
- boot -s
- mount -a

then start from the beginning of the list I forwarded last time.
Keep me informaed.

mike